5 Steps to do Hair Spa at Home
The belief in the therapeutic powers of mineral waters dates back to many centuries. The word ‘spa’ has its roots in ancient Roman & Greek civilizations which basically stands for a healing bath in mineral-rich spring water. A hair spa is not just about pampering the hair with a massage. It also provides nutrients to the hair, with a variety of packs. The five essentials are: hair oil, massage, shampoo, conditioner & hair mask.
- Massage your scalp:This is the first step to start a hair treatment at home. Warm up some coconut oil or olive oil. Massage your head gently. This increases blood circulation and boosts hair growth.
- Steam the hair:Dip a towel in warm water and squeeze the excess water out. Wrap the towel around the hair. This allows the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp. Do this for about 5-6 minutes.
- Wash your hair:Now, wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Use only cold water as hot water is harmful to the hair roots.
- Apply conditioner:Post the shampooing, use a conditioner. You can also use the water of tea leaves to which a few drops of lime juice has been added. Or try a paste of grated beetroot to which hibiscus powder has been added. The hibiscus flower powder is a great base and is rich in iron and other vitamins. Rinse it off after half an hour with just warm water and no shampoo.
- Lastly, a hair mask:The last step is crucial as it seals in the nourishment. Try making this mask at home. In a bowl, mix two eggs, honey and some coconut oil. You can add a ripe banana to this – banana is a hair softener. You can also use olive oil instead of coconut oil. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse with a mild shampoo.
That’s it. You have successfully completed a home hair spa therapy at home in just 5 simple steps. We recommend repeating this process once a month to ensure healthy, soft & shiny hair.